Episode 98 – Your Transmutation Story
The Easter story is the incredible story of an incredible man and the followers who loved him. It is also our story. It shows us the path of transmutation – fundamentally changing ourselves and allowing new life to arise in us. Every time a crucifixion experience shows up in our lives, we have the opportunity to walk the path to a higher way of being. Every time. That’s one of the promises of Easter. In this episode we share reflections on the Easter story and our experiences with transmutation.
The Easter Story
A demonstration of the Kingdom – not as people expected
Historical and also our story
A story of transmutation
We are called to enter it
It is historical and also our story
The movement to a higher form of Being
From personal consciousness to Kingdom/Higher/God consciousness
We experience crucifixion (metaphorically speaking) – those times when it seems as though the whole world has turned against us
On the other side of it, are we a higher form of ourselves? Do we move through it with faith, strength and courage to resurrection?
The Kingdom is within
Don’t spend time in hate and resentment, trying to right all the wrongs of the world
Change what is inside
Everything changes when we live as love and forgiveness instead of fear and hate
The Easter Story
Crucifixion – the many forms of suffering, including being rejected, abandoned or betrayed by friends, experiencing unjust treatment, being misunderstood or falsely accused, losing your life’s work, experiencing abuse/physical pain
If we want to move through it, we must meet it with love, forgiveness and surrender
The Tomb – Entering the Mystery, taking time apart in the quiet, unseen, and unknown, the in-between. Let go, let God. Surrender.
Resurrection – Rising to a new level of consciousness, a new way of Being.. Allowing new life to emerge in and as us.
One of the promises of Easter:
Every time we have a crucifixion experience, we have the opportunity to walk the path to a higher way of Being
Recipe for Transmutation:
Let go of your burdens
Love and forgive
Meet the pain – don’t resist
Die to the old you
Enter the tomb
Allow the new to arise
Dialogue and Inquiry
- What does the Easter story mean to you?
- When you look at your life, can you see patterns that represent crucifixion, tomb time and resurrection? Share your experience.
- Where are you now (i.e. crucifixion, tomb time or resurrection)?
- Is there something you need to die to in order for a new life to emerge in you?
- Share a resurrection experience, keeping in mind that this is a higher level of being, a new emergent life, not ‘feeling a whole lot better.’
- Share how releasing resentment, hate and revenge, and choosing to live as love and forgiveness has transformed your life. What was your tomb experience like? Can you say you are a different person than you were before?
Embrace the Gifts of Easter:
1. God is indiscriminate Love and Light. 2. Suffering is not a destination, but a place where you can expand your self. 3. Only Love holds power. Surrender to it. 4. The tomb (the mystery of the in-between) holds the gift of transformation. 5. When you allow the Divine Presence to meet you there, you can safely die to your old self. 6. There is nothing that can keep your Light entombed. 7. Life is eternal! Centered on God, your Light can never perish but only expand, reach out and touch the world.